6-9 November, 2023, Morocco
The ASONAM2023 Committee invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the main conference. All workshops will be held on November 6 2023, i.e., the first day of the conference.
Workshop proposal deadline: April 25, 2023, 11:59 PM American Samoa Zone (UTC-11)
ASONAM2023 provides an interdisciplinary venue that solicits empirical, methodological, and theoretical research reporting original and unpublished results on social network analysis and mining along with their applications.
Workshops can typically focus on topics aligned to or specified in the general call for contributions but may not be restricted to those. All theoretical and applied aspects of social network analysis and mining are welcome. We strongly suggest having organizers from different institutions that bring different perspectives to the workshop topic. We welcome workshops with a creative structure that may attract various types of contributions and ensure rich interactions. Workshops may be full-day or half-day. A full-day workshop should select 10-14 regular papers, while a half-day workshop should select 5-7. It is the responsibility of the workshop organizers to create their website.
Workshop Chairs must form their program committee and handle the whole process, including the submission, review and acceptance decisions.
You may use the submission system you prefer. One complimentary registration will be provided per workshop to be used by one of the organizers who is expected to attend and coordinate the organization of the workshop. Workshop organizers will receive coverage for one invited speaker from Europe only if they accept at least 10 high-quality papers, without counting the papers forwarded from the main conference. Coverage for the invited speaker will include an economy class ticket, two nights accommodation and complimentary registration.
Proposals may be submitted via the easychair system. All Workshop proposals should include the following elements:
- Title of the workshop
- Names of workshop organizers, affiliation, mailing address, e-mail address, and a designated contact person
- Description of the workshop (not exceeding 350 words), including abstract, objectives, relevance, and the expected outcome (The organizers should clearly explain how the workshop complements, rather than duplicates, the topics of the main conference.)
- Description of the plans for the workshop (e.g., program, keynotes, highlights, etc.)
- Length of the workshop (half-day or full-day)
- A list of potential Program Committee members and attendees and submissions, and a justification of the expected attendees and submissions
- A short description of how the workshop will be advertised to ensure a sufficiently wide range of submissions from authors and high-quality papers
- A description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, attendance, sites, and any other relevant information
- Short CV of the organizers
Each submitted workshop proposal will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance and novelty of the topic of the workshop
- Level of complementarity of the topic to the main conference
- A clear plan for attracting submissions, making the workshop itself productive, and disseminating results
- Experience of the workshop organizers
- Submissions are only accepted at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=asonam2023workshop
Organizers, whose proposals are accepted, will be responsible for advertising the workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the papers, all along guaranteeing high quality worthy of the prestige and range of the conference. After the acceptance of a workshop proposal, the organizer(s) should:
- Create a “Call for papers/participation” for the workshop
- Create a webpage for the workshop, the link of which will be published on the Conference website
- Create a Board of Reviewers (Program Committee)
- Review and select papers
- Schedule the workshop program
All submitted papers should be reviewed based on technical quality, relevance, significance, and clarity. The workshop organizers will also have the discretion of editing selected papers (after their expansion and revision) into books or special journal issues.
Workshop paper registration fees are the same as regular conference fees. All registered participants are entitled to attend all keynotes, sessions, workshops, panels, tutorials and social events.
- Francesca Spezzano, Boise State University, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- I-Hsien Ting, National University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan (email@example.com)
- Radosław Michalski, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Workshop proposal deadline: April 25, 2023 11:59 PM American Samoa Zone (UTC-11)
Workshop acceptance notification: May 25, 2023
Workshop websites and call for papers online: June 10, 2023
For paper submission, reviewing and final revisions, please consider the following deadlines:
(Suggested) 1st Call for Papers: June 10, 2023
(Suggested) 2nd Call for Papers: July 10, 2023
Workshop paper submission deadline: August 21, 2022 11:59 PM American Samoa Zone (UTC-11)
Workshop paper acceptance notification: September 25, 2023 11:59 PM American Samoa Zone (UTC-11)
Workshop paper camera-ready deadline: October 10, 2023 11:59 PM American Samoa Zone (UTC-11)
Author registration: October 20, 2023 — 11:59 PM American Samoa Zone (UTC-11)